Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Ego Has Landed!

Well, we made it!!
We've been in for a good couple of weeks now, stress levels have abated somewhat, and there's a few million wee things left to do. So I thought I'd let y'all know where things are right now, and to show off a bit....

Firstly though, I'd like to drone on about the old shop a bit. The last person to get tattooed in Octopus Tattoo Phase 1 was none other than my mentor and friend Mr Steve Potton, which was a fitting end and a bit of an honour for me. I was reworking a piece he'd had done by another quite well known artist that hadn't healed well. A tricky one, as it was on his neck leading down almost onto the collarbone, which is a bitch to get in to for me. If anyone has any suggestions for better ways to approach this area, please contact me.

So I had my work cut out, but it was biomech, and I knew I could make it look pretty good. Here's the progress in picture form....Steve's gurning was cracking me up. Even though it really hurt him, we had a good laugh with it. Good time, Thanks Steve!!


Tee hee! It tickles!!

Stopped tickling, started hurting!

Cor blimey Guv'nor! 

Sticky tonguey out time! Steve is not impressed, going for the Kenneth Williams face.....

I was having fun anyway....

Gittin' ma groove on!

Stopped being funny now, just HURTING!!!

Keep going Steve......
Finished! From the back.....
And from the front! Don't try this at home with your shitty Ebay gear kids!

So, once Mr Potton was all bandaged up and sent on his way, the work began in earnest. At least for me.  Sylv, Ben and Ellen had been hard at it for the previous few weeks. So I packed the old shop up (with help from Sylv).......


And the sign finally came down after nearly 5 years.......
Pus Tattoo??
And after a lot of decorating, screwing screws, nailing nails, humping boxes, arguing, nail biting, and general stress, we managed to open!!  I have to say, it was the hardest thing Sylv and I have ever attempted to do, and planet sized THAAANKS!! must go to Ben and Ellen for being the two heroes that they are, we could not have finished it without those two. Major gratitude!
So, here it is as it looks now. Compare it with the pics I first posted on here, and you'll see the transformation is quite remarkable.....

The main work room.

Still a few boxes and things to clear in the back....

The office. The black chair is a massage chair like the ones you see at airports. SUAVE!!!





This is the waiting room.There's Eric hanging around as usual.  No lie, our previous place would have fitted into this area.

Okay, I've got me feet up for five minutes. Gimme a break!
The opening party was awesome, thanks to everyone that made it, and those who dropped by for a brew! I'm really proud with what we've accomplished, and most of all, I'm really proud of my gorgeous wife Sylveline who put herself mind, body and soul into this project. I couldn't ask for more. Thanks, love.
STAY TUNED!!





















1 comment:

  1. Congrats to the both of you!

    Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete