Tuesday 19 April 2011

Studio progress report...

We decided to expand our plan of worldwide domination last year by opening a bigger studio. The main reason is CASH! I WANT LOTS AND LOTS OF IT! NOW!
Seriously though, there were many reasons  why we decided to move. The studio as it is is only big enough for one person really (so big thanks here to those who have endured guest spots) There is only so much work that one pair of hands can do, and I've just gotten bored of working by myself. I miss the craic!
So anyway, after negotiating the lease, arranging everything with the solicitor/estate agent/landlord (who have all been excellent) and finally paying off the Council for their exalted privilege of doing very little for a lot of money, Sylv hired some recommended tradesmen, and work began.
Here's the story so far.....

This is the front part of the workroom looking out towards the studio waiting area. So that's half the shop front area taken up.
That's the main workroom, and a wheelbarrow, and Sylv.

The partitioning for the toilet (natch) The reason it's so big is for disabled access. It was two toilets, but it's just going to be one big one. I'm thinking of leaving it like this, and planting some tomatoes at the bottom of the trellis. Be handy when you get hungry while on the bog, just reach out, and a tasty snack is yours.
This is known as the reverse Tardis, but will eventually become the cleaning room. Boy, the fun never stops eh? Can you take much more?

Finally, this will be the office and staff area, away from the public. This has all been cleared now, so pretty soon, we'll be ready to start the decorating.
I should say that pretty much all of this has been arranged by Sylveline, because she's awesome (those of you that have already me her know this though, right?). I realise how absolutely screwed I'd be without her mad skills. My role hasn't been anything more than keeping the ink flowing in the old place, but once the decorating happens, that's my chance to feel useful!
We're looking to open in mid May, all being well. Stay tuned for further developments!!

2 comments:

  1. Sylv does indeed have the maddest skills. You'd be totally screwed without her ;-) Seriously though, it's looking great man, I wonder if I'll be able to help paint this time? Children don't half...I want to say get in the way, but that's mean. Impose limitations. Yes, that's it. Or. I can help on weekends that it's just the three of us? Let me know when the painting commences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the big-up Gerry and Sarah!

    ReplyDelete